This is a reminder that Thursday’s class is an independent working session. Your task is to get caught up in your blogging and to revise or edit your work to your own degree of satisfaction based on the following:
• Is my blog free of grammatical/spelling errors?
• Is it easy to read?
• Have I been careful to avoid statements that make sweeping generalizations?
• Have I used appropriate examples to explain my ideas?
• Have I come up with good questions that are interesting, important, or provocative?
• Have I gone further than simply retelling events to trying to unpack and understand events?
• Have I shown evidence of growth of understanding through my reflections?
• Have I been careful to avoid identifying teachers, students, and schools?
• Have I been clear in my writing and choice of words?
• Have I satisfied 4.8.3 MUN University Regulations on Good Writing as described below?
Good writing is characterized by the following qualities:
1. Content
a. critical insight and freshness of thought,
b. clear and penetrating ideas,
c. perceptive, pure grasp of subject,
d. intelligent use of primary and secondary sources, and
e. a sense of completeness about the handling of the topic.
2. Organization
a. effective introduction and conclusion,
b. main idea is clear and logical development follows,
c. smooth transitions, and
d. good use of details.
3. Style
a. appropriate, accurate, precise and idiomatic diction, and
b. sentences varied in kind, length and effect.
4. Mechanics
a. consistently correct spelling,
b. accurate use of punctuation,
c. grammatically correct sentences, and
d. well organized paragraphing.
Please create a brief self-assessment (to be printed and brought to class on Tuesday Feb 17th) of your blog in one paragraph, addressing the following two questions:
1. How is my blog strong?
2. What do I need to do to improve the quality of my work?

No comments:
Post a Comment